Quality Engineer - Jasper, IN
The Quality Engineer works within the Quality System, using analysis and statistical techniques, to assist in the continual improvement of the manufacturing processes. This individual will also assist in solving problems, controlling variables, and providing candid & accurate feedback that are critical to quality.
- BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Manufacturing Quality Engineering experience.
- Ability to apply and interpret statistical data.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to actively initiate, lead, and participate in problem-solving activities.
- Must be able to give candid feedback and report findings of non- compliance to the Ferdinand. Quality System.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
$65,000 – $90,000/yr
Mechanical Engineer - Des Moines, Iowa
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate design, lay out and detail components and systems for new products and existing product improvements.
- Create and review material part specifications and bills of materials. • Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings and ideas. • Work with SolidWorks and CAD software.
- Perform FEA on new designs
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery.
- Assisting with updating reference manuals and technical publications on the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Work with an ERP system to enter parts and data to create reports and develop costing models.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred)
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software preferred. Strong DraftSight, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office skills
- Heavy industrial manufacturing experience required working with mobile equipment, systems and components.
- 10+ years of engineering experience within either manufacturing and/or supply chain.
- Leadership experience. Someone who can lead a team of Engineers. • Must be a highly motivated, self-starter that enjoys problem solving. • Must be able to work within a team environment and self-directed, individual projects.
Design Engineer - Waterloo, Iowa
This Design Engineer will design, develop and support products through the product life cycle. From conceptualization, through production and customer support. They will be responsible for developing the appropriate tools, controls, equipment, fixtures and processes used in manufacturing of new products, contribute and/or determine the appropriate specifications and procedures used for layout, testing, and prototyping. In addition, this position is responsible for continuous improvement of other existing products via design modifications and the re-tooling of components, parts and/or systems used on those product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or another related engineering discipline with an emphasis on powered machinery. Individuals with an Associate degree in one or more engineering disciplines and 5-7 years of applicable experience in Agricultural equipment design and/or product development can be substituted for the advanced engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years of design and manufacturing experience in agricultural equipment. Equivalent experience amounts in other equipment types will be considered.
- Strong experience and knowledge level of a 3-D CAD program. Autodesk Inventor & Vault preferred. Other programs such as Catia, Pro-E, Solid Works or Solid Edge will be considered.
- Prior design experience using steel fabrication processes and equipment, i.e., saw, plasma, laser, punch, and forming.
- Prior design experience using machining processes and operations, i.e., lathe, VMC, and HMC.
- Prior design experience of weldments for hand and robotic welding processes, along with general welding knowledge.
- Prior experience in design and machining of steel and iron castings is preferred.
- Prior product development project coordination. Determining and coordinating fabrication, welding process, fixturing and tooling needs for prototyping, and production.
- Prior experience in designing, operating and using agricultural equipment along with general farming operations.
- Prior work experience developing and supporting product and design support documentation, i.e., Product Manuals, Department standards.
- Prior experience designing control systems.
- Prior experience with ISOBUS systems.
- Depends on experience
Automation Technician - Waterloo, IA
- Maintain all electrical MOCS.
- Ensure adherence to all electrical codes.
- Perform annual NFPA 70E plant inspection and electrical safety program audit. • Ensure all electrical PMs are completed timely.
- Works with Maintenance Planner to schedule and perform automation preventative maintenance and calibrations.
- Coordinate and assist with control system start-up and commissioning.
- Work to optimize and maintain automation inventory.
- Ensure critical facility electrical systems and programming problems are identified and repaired.
- Monitor electrical systems and electrical apparatus used in the plant including Transformers, Switchgear, Panels/Breakers/disconnects, UPS systems, PLC’s, Power monitoring systems, and Instrumentation.
- Create and reads ladder logic and flow diagrams for program design, startup, simulation and testing.
- Design, coordinate, troubleshoot, and support Programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), Human Machine Interface (HMI) / SCADA systems, Communications, Databases (i.e. SQL server)
- Develop process control flow diagrams.
- Develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P& ID’s).
- 2-year degree in Industrial Controls or Electrical related field
- All experience levels are considered. New Grads and Entry Level is fine. Knowledge/prior experience or familiarity with NFPA 70AE
- Understanding of PLC, HMI, Electrical Circuits
- Ability to work Night Shift and Rotating Schedule 7pm-7:30am
Plant Engineer - Oshkosh, WI
The Plant Engineer will manage and coordinate plant capital projects at two WI facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, chemical or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in manufacturing plants in areas of maintenance /process, utilities, and facility management.
- Possess extensive technical skills and hands-on experience in maintenance, and manufacturing activities.
- Knowledgeable in Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Value stream mapping, labor analysis, 5S 8 wastes, and changeover reduction. Project engineering experience.
- Windows skills (Excel, Word, etc.), AutoCAD, and or Solidworks.
- Good oral and written communication skills, team spirit, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented, and autonomous.
- Dry blending and filling operations in pouch and bottle environments; preferred.