Superintendent - Cincinnati, OH
Skilled lead carpenter to provide supervision and knowledge to the project team involved in commercial construction projects. The lead carpenter’s responsibilities include assigning and explaining tasks to the project team, responding to Project Managers’ requests for emergency repairs, and regularly inspecting work done by the project team to ensure that it conforms to specifications. Ability to help Project Managers solve problems. Must be able to provide regular progress updates to the Project Manager.
Lead Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Assigning and explaining tasks to the project team.
- Communicating with Project Managers in order to determine overall time frames projects should be completed.
- Calculating the amount of labor, time, and materials needed for each project.
- Creating and adjusting project schedules accordingly.
- Ordering all construction materials needed for projects.
- Supervising and training the company’s field carpenters, unskilled and semi-skilled workers, and subcontractors.
- Performing all carpentry duties required, including both rough and finish carpentry.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work done by the project team.
Lead Carpenter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven experience in Commercial/Residential remodeling and construction.
- Sound knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- The ability to safely operate power tools.
- The ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Salary is based on qualifications and experience and can range from $60,000 – $90,000 a year.
Construction Estimator - Chattanooga, Tennessee
Construction Estimator – Grading and Utilities
As one of the larger heavy highways and general contracting companies in the Chattanooga, North Georgia, and Northeast Alabama area, and a leader in quality performance, Talley Construction understands that outstanding people are key to our success. As we offer our customers a wide range of services, we do so with dedication to our core values, the needs of our customers, honesty in all aspects of our business, and respect for all individual employees.
Duties will include:
-Quantity Take-off for site work including grading, storm drain, and utilities
-Prepare full-service cost estimate for various site construction projects
-Solicitation for material and sub quotes
-Analyze construction risk through site visits, plan interpreting and scope understanding
-Rough Estimate Scheduling
-Must be able to read plans (Both Civil and Architectural)
-Willingness to be flexible in duties and have a “get-it-done” attitude
-Must pass post offer drug screen
-Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
-All new hires will be processed through E – Verify
-Some travel may be required
-Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience as Estimator or similar position
-Estimating experience for large civil site development in both the residential and commercial market
-Estimating experience for roadway construction and working with —-DOT/Municipalities
-Estimating experience in underground utilities (Water, Sewer, Storm)
-Project Management experience preferred but not required
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word required
-Proficiency using Take-Off software (Agtek Preferred)
-Proficiency using Estimating Software (HCSS Heavy bid Preferred)
-Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred but not required
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are treated during recruiting & employment without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Veterans, Minorities & Females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER